It's difficult to explain if you don't work in events, or a high pace environment where similar situations may happen, but the increasing hype that one feels over those 21 and the incredible feeling of triumph once everything happens simply has no equal.
This time is different, is more like the anticipation before the launch of the event, when you've been prepping your marketing campaign for months and as soon as tech shouts 'we're live' you start praying nothing goes wrong. Because believe me, there's always something that goes wrong, only if you're lucky, it won't be that serious and you'll have a successful launch.
So here I am, with all (or the majority) of my todo list items ticked, and well, three weeks to go... I think I'll start praying now.
If you're in the process of a similar travelling plan. Here's where I stand:
- Discussion with work about me leaving: completed 3 months ago
- Buying flights and checking visa requirements: completed 2 months ago
- Starting vaccination process: started 1 month ago (looking back you might want to start 8+ weeks before your departure)
- Sorting storage/selling my stuff: completed 2 weeks ago
- Packing my stuff: started two days ago
As recently described, one could say I'm a free spirit. Not something I'd usually write on my resumé, but as it turns out this is my blog, my space, and my thoughts, well, that seems accurate enough. The rest, you'll learn in reading my posts.