Whenever there's a plan in action, a deadline to be met, or any other important event in the horizon, there's a countdown. And I've found that for the majority of people, this goes as 'a month to go, two weeks to go, last day'.
To me, it's all about the three weeks to go. Three weeks mean the event is around the corner, yet if you play your cards right, there's still enough time to make those final tweaks, checks, reruns, tests and even final ideas can be thrown in. But don't be fooled, there's no time to waste. It's all GO, and if it's the event you've been working on all year, this is without doubt the most exciting time of the project.
It's all or nothing, the anticipation, the expectation, the excitement all merge in one big sentiment that keeps you at your sharpest for the 21 days to come.
This time is different, is more like the anticipation before the launch of the event, when you've been prepping your marketing campaign for months and as soon as tech shouts 'we're live' you start praying nothing goes wrong. Because believe me, there's always something that goes wrong, only if you're lucky, it won't be that serious and you'll have a successful launch.
So here I am, with all (or the majority) of my todo list items ticked, and well, three weeks to go... I think I'll start praying now.
If you're in the process of a similar travelling plan. Here's where I stand:
- Discussion with work about me leaving: completed 3 months ago
- Buying flights and checking visa requirements: completed 2 months ago
- Starting vaccination process: started 1 month ago (looking back you might want to start 8+ weeks before your departure)
- Sorting storage/selling my stuff: completed 2 weeks ago
- Packing my stuff: started two days ago